OVERNIGHT extended to April 29: added performances Sunday 4/23, Friday 4/28, and Saturday 4/29
What if a huge tower sprang up on your block, literally overnight?
In partnership with Gritty City Repertory Youth Theatre, The Lower Bottom Playaz, Theatre Aluminous & Kev Choice, Ragged Wing Ensemble presents OVERNIGHT.
Organized into three acts, one each by Ragged Wing, Theatre Aluminous and Lower Bottom Playaz, and joined together with material by Gritty City Rep, OVERNIGHT draws inspiration from the dramatic changes occurring in downtown Oakland.
Each act of OVERNIGHT follows a different set of characters responding to a single event: the overnight transformation of a parking lot into a high-rise.
OVERNIGHT creative team: Kieran Beccia (Board Op), Kev Choice (Composer), Ella Cooley (Sound), Regina Evans (Costumes), Andy Falkner (Props), Lilli Fore (Sets), Michael French (Director), Akaina Ghosh (Production Manager), Lindsay Krumbein (Choreographer), Marc-Éddy Loriston (Projections), Kenitra Love (Assistant Stage Manager), Serena Morelli (Photography), Ayodele Nzinga (Writer/Director), Marisa Ramos (Assistant Stage Manager), Jean-Francois Revon (Production Design Head), Amy Sass (Dramaturg), Anna Shneiderman (Creative Producer), Keira Sullivan (Lighting), Sango Tajima (Writer), Jane Troja (Stage Manager), Addie Ulrey (Writer/Director)
Gritty City Rep: Que’Aire Anderson, Ayah Dominique, Alex Trono
Theatre Aluminous: Imari Anderson, *Lily Tung Crystal
Ragged Wing Ensemble: Fenner, Anna Maria Luera, Mary Matabor, Venus Morris, Emmy Pierce
Lower Bottom Playaz: Stanley Hunt, Megan Lipari, Reginald Wilkins
*Member, Actors’s Equity Association. OVERNIGHT is an Equity-approved production.
At The Flight Deck, 1540 Broadway, Oakland
March 31-April 29, 2017
Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm, Sundays at 5pm.
Saturday matinee at 2pm on 4/22 and 4/29
Students and Seniors $20 at the door
People are talking about OVERNIGHT
- TheatreStorm Overnight at The Flight Deck in Oakland
- The Mercury News: Overnight Depicts Oakland in Upheaval
- Synchronized Chaos: A Beanstalk Grows in Oakland
- Lily Janiak writes about OVERNIGHT for the Chronicle
- KQED put us on their Do List
- Overnight is a Mercury News Top Ten pick!
- Anna Shneiderman and Ayodele Nzinga did a great interview on KPFA you can listen to here. They come on about 22 minutes in.
- Oakland Magazine‘s Sam Hurwitt talked to several of the people behind Overnight.
- Check out the East Bay Times article about new construction on our block, complete with a video interview of Creative Producer Anna Shneiderman.