Ragged Wing Ensemble is looking for a Technical Director for our Production of Overnight
Overnight is a collaborative piece between the resident companies at The Flight Deck theatre. We’re looking for someone who can collaborate with designers, budget a build, clearly communicate, and lead volunteers. Project description and important dates below. We’re flexible with some scheduling conflicts, please let us know.
Overnight will be an evening of four short theater pieces with interactive art installations exploring how the rapid development and displacement happening in our city, Oakland, affects the very different lives of people who share a common place. Created by the Resident Companies of The Flight Deck and inspired by interviews with Oaklanders, each of the four plays will follow a different set of characters responding to a single event: the sudden appearance of a hundred-story building in what had been a parking lot only the day before. The project addresses questions of power and interconnectedness in an urban place: whose voice is heard in the clamor of forward movement? How will our actions impact one another and the vector of change?
- Creative Producer Anna Shneiderman.
- Written and directed by Ayodele Nzinga, Lindsay Krumbein, Michael French and Addie Ulrey.
- A single design team will create an environment that supports distinct stories while creating a cohesive world.
- Featuring casts from each of the Flight Deck Resident companies; Lower Bottom Playaz, Gritty City Rep, Theatre Aluminous and Ragged Wing Ensemble.
If you are interested in the position, please contact Akaina Ghosh email@example.com.
- Scenic Design finalized: February 2
- Production Meetings: TBD (Feb-March)
- Rehearsal period: February 6 – March 17
- Load in: March 13-19
- Mo-Th March 20-23 6:30 – 10:30pm
- Sat March 25 10:00am – 10:00pm
- Sun March 26 10:00am – 10:00pm
- DRESS REHEARSALS:
- Tu-Th March 28-30 6:30 – 11:00pm
- Fri March 31 8:00pm-10:00pm
- Sat April 1 2pm – 5pm
- Sat April 1 8pm – 10pm
- Sun April 2 7pm – 9pm
- SHOW RUN:
- April 7 – April 22, with a possible extension to April 30
- April 23 OR April 30 10:00am – 4:00pm